Middle DBE/ETL Developer
Job ID: 4081663004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We are looking for a Middle DBE/ETL Developer to join our friendly team. For this role you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a web-based learning management system and a massive open online course platform.
About Our Project and the Team:
The project is a one-of-a-kind data analytics platform designed for school districts. It is positioned to support the customer’s growing presence in K-12 education with powerful insights across the spectrum of student performance, behavior, learning environments, and much more.
The project team is rapidly growing in size to fulfill the vision of easy-to-use, self-service analytics for school districts. As a new team member, you will be helping to improve the product by reducing our backlog of prioritized work. This work includes feature improvements, bug fixes, and scalability improvements.
The product has a strategic roadmap to continue evolving and enhancing both business-oriented capabilities and non-functional requirements. We work with the latest technologies and look for high standards of quality throughout our engineering lifecycle.
You will work in a team of 8-12 engineers. A technical lead will guide your work and support your development of domain knowledge and skills. The team is primarily self-organized and follows a continuous flow, Kanban-style Agile methodology that emphasizes WIP limits, a swarming mentality to resolve impediments, and a pull principle for assigning work.
The team meets for daily standup and regular refinement meetings to prepare prioritized work from the backlog. We try to minimize formal meetings but encourage ad-hoc discussions to efficiently move the work through the pipeline and frequent introspections on how we can adjust and improve.
We take turns being on support using one-week intervals. This work involves handling routine maintenance tasks needed by customer service. This approach ensures everyone develops a common baseline skillset while not limiting anyone’s ability to do more fulfilling engineering work.
Meetings are predominantly scheduled in the morning USA time to minimize the impact to those in other countries. However, some time-shifting is necessary.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in ETL/Data (Microsoft SSIS, SSAS) development
- Experience in .Net Core, ASP NET(MVC) will be an advantage
- Experience with SQL Server/PostgreSQL, ETL processing/tools, SRE skills
- Pragmatic approach to balancing process against flexibility in achieving objectives
- Excellent organizational skills including the capacity to self-manage, structure work, set priorities, and work to deadlines
- Availability to overlap till 19:00 (Minsk time)
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or an equivalent third-level qualification in another technical field
- Produce code using .NET
- Upgrade, configure, and debug existing systems
- Provide technical support
- Work both independently and in close collaboration with others on the team and between teams
- Perform code review to ensure best practices are followed
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.