Junior QA Engineer
Job ID: 4058703004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re looking for a talented Junior QA Engineer to join our professional team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
About Our Project:
The project is a highly unique and customizable application that calculates vehicle valuations for the insurance industry. This application was completely re-engineered in 2015 from Mainframes to a Java platform. The new application has been built using the latest design patterns and can be highly customized to fit insurance carriers’ requirements without major application changes. The customer is currently adding several critical enhancements that are now possible given the new platform.
The team consists of 1 Senior Developer, 3 Full Stack Developers, 1 Senior QA Analyst and 1 QA Analyst.
- Gain unique experience developing a highly customizable application using the latest development technologies.
- Work on all full stack development from the ground floor.
Project Tech Stack:
- Java 7, Java 11
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Oracle DB
- JQuery & AngularJS
- 3+ years software testing experience on complex IT projects
- Understanding of software QA methodologies and best practices
- Experience in test plan development and execution (Functional, System Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, Risk Based Testing)
- Experience in Web UI, web service, and API testing
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with defect management and test management tools such as Version One, Jira, TestRail, Test Link
- Experience with API testing tools, such as SoapUI, Postman, JMeter
- Must be able to work as an individual or within a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with project team, manager, and end users
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to create effective and readable test plans
- Active participation in software testing and issue analysis
- Ability to analyze and identify the impacted functionalities and ensure good testing coverage
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.