Junior Java + JS Developer
Job ID: 4058701004
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re currently looking for a talented Junior Java + JS Developer to join our professional and friendly team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
About Our Project:
The project is a highly unique and customizable application that calculates vehicle valuations for the insurance industry. This application was completely re-engineered in 2015 from Mainframes to a Java platform. The new application has been built using the latest design patterns and can be highly customized to fit insurance carriers’ requirements without major application changes. The customer is currently adding several critical enhancements that are now possible given the new platform.
The team consists of 1 Development Manager, 2 Lead Full stack Developers, 6 Full stack Developers, 2 Business Analysts, and 4 QA Analysts.
- Gain unique experience developing a highly customizable application using the latest development technologies.
- Work on all full stack development from the ground floor.
Project Tech Stack:
- Java 7, Java 11
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Oracle DB
- JQuery & AngularJS
- Quick learner and keen to learn new technologies
- Good fundamental knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
- Knowledge in defining clean, crystal clear interfaces/API using Web Services Technology (REST, SOAP etc.)
- Good understanding of socket-level and multi-threading programming
- Passion for working in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in short timeframes
- 3+ years of experience using Java/J2EE, Source Code Management (GITHUB, Maven and AWS), SoapUI, Microservice development (Spring Boot), and CI/CD DevOps (Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience in RDBMS (Oracle/Sql Server)
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers, and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Active participation in software development and automated unit testing
- Ability to complete development tasks within agreed timebox
- Motivation to analyze and resolve software issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.