Senior BI Developer
Job ID: 4056201004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We’re looking for a Senior Database Developer to design, analyze, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain SQL stored procedures, databases, and related utilities.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is the leading software and payment processing provider for the health and fitness industry throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico. It has been in business since 1981 and currently works with over 7,000 health clubs in the region. Its comprehensive offerings include payment processing solutions and advanced gym management solutions that allow gym owners and managers to track and manage memberships and schedules, drive member engagement, and automate payment processing functions.
Remote. Shift Timings – 5:00PM IST to 2:30AM IST
When you join our team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where teammates always help each other achieve better results. We believe that together we are greater and that we can find brilliant solutions by sharing ideas.
- SQL Development experience in environments that may include a combination of SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres environments.
- 6+ years experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ablility to navigate unfamiliar data models of all types and to develop methods for reliably and accurately extracting data from them
- SQL performance tuning expertise and other SQL Server DBA skills preferred
- Windows Systems Administration or scripting preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2014 and above
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and above
- Knowledge of Source Control (GIT or TFS)
- Knowledge of Azure SQL Data Warehouse (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)/Azure Analysis Services
- Experience in processing various source and destination types Flat Files SQL databases Web APIs (SOAP, REST)
- Experience in complex ETL transformations, including using C# for SSIS scripting
- Experience in third-party SSIS tools
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
Nice to Have:
- Desired candidate should have good Internet connectivity for working from home
- Availability on call when support is required or if the app is down
- Personal laptop until the company can provide a company device
- Manage SSIS developers
- Perform complex database programming by writing SQL procedures on large-scale databases
- Design and implement data solutions including data partitioning, data normalizing/de-normalizing, data aggregations, and ETL to support data warehouse environment
- Work closely with our business teams to understand business reporting and analytic requirements
- Develop new database schema/objects and/or review existing objects to improve storage efficiency and access
- Create, review, analyze, and modify SQL scripts, procedures and supporting programs to ensure proper execution, efficient operation, and sustainable coding constructs
- Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate, and correct data and database issues
- Conduct data analysis to identify data integrity issues within databases, interfaces, or other data-related repositories
- Make design recommendations for database functions that meet business operating standards while improving the efficiency of business processes
- Apply quality controls to work functions including appropriate testing and validation of new or modified programs prior to deployment
- Demonstrate and apply reasonable and practical security controls within the SQL and database environments to minimize security risks
- Provide technical expertise in assessing software projects and related initiatives to enhance or support the Fitness BI software environment
- Write technical procedures and/or supporting documentation for the applications, including operational usage or procedures, user guides, etc.
- Strictly adhere to programming/security standards or similar protocols that seek to reduce or eliminate risks associated with the introduction of program and/or data modifications
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between departments to assist in addressing and resolving database-related issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.