Senior Kotlin Developer
Job ID: 4048608004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We are looking for a talented Senior Kotlin Developer to help our customer bring their product to the next level.
The customer’s company is a VC-backed startup, founded by an experienced team who has already successfully built a similar business. The platform has been live for over a year.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer’s goal is to transform how businesses pay each other. Business pay each other $127 trillion each year worldwide which equates to about 100 billion invoices. Because it is such a manual process, businesses on average spend £12 to £17 to process an invoice.
With the customer’s company, businesses can reduce this cost by up to 75%. They achieve this by moving away from email and putting the whole process online. The approach is similar to how collaboration tools like Google Docs, Asana, and Trello transformed document editing and project management. An additional benefit of putting the process online is that it gives the business much greater visibility and control over spending against budgets, which enables further cost savings.
The customer’s core platform is built from the ground up to be easy to use, secure, fast, scalable, and reliable. The customer uses the latest technologies and best practices to power the platform. They already use cutting-edge technologies but are always looking for ways to improve.
What it’s like to work with the customer:
- Great companies can only be built by a great team. The customer’s team is passionate about the product and is always looking to hire smart, passionate people who are not afraid to change, challenge, ask questions, and take risks and who share our goal of combining simplicity and power to build awesome products.
- At the customer’s company, the team doesn’t believe in hierarchy or fancy job titles. Everyone helps with everything and can pick the problems they want to solve. There’s no micro-management, and you’ll get lots of guidance and support from your colleagues. The customer strongly believes that freedom and autonomy bring out the best in people.
About Our Project:
The customer’s platform has been under development in house and from scratch since 2017 and mostly in JVM technologies (Java/Kotlin/Groovy). We are looking for people who want to work on the platform, scale it up, and bring it to market.
Your daily job will be split between shipping features, reviewing other developers’ code, and mentoring junior teammates. Our ideal candidate is an effective self-starter who can push their work forward and seeks guidance when necessary. Having work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus.
- Kotlin/Java 8
- Spring boot
- Maven for build
- Cucumber for automation testing
- Jenkins/Gitlab for CI and AWS for hosting
- 2 years in Kotlin
- 7+ years of experience with Java or other JVM languages
- Strong knowledge of REST principles
- Strong knowledge of Spring boot and related technologies
- Autonomous, quick-learning, and proactive
- Strong knowledge of writing cucumber tests
- Ability to mentor junior members
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD technologies
- Strong knowledge of AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience in PR reviews
- Experience in setting up coding standards and quality checks
- You like working in a fast-paced world
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- You love technical challenges, prototyping, and finding creative ways to solve problems in the shortest possible time frame
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get things done!
- Love coding
- Believe in clean coding, simple solutions, automated testing, and continuous deployment
- Like to take ownership of a feature from the original idea through to live
- Think (like us) that a small number of empowered developers is the right way to deliver software
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Lead by example
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Writing tested, idiomatic, and documented code
- Performing code review
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Constantly improving your level of skills and qualifications
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.