Middle QA Engineer (Manual+Automation)
Job ID: 4048605004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We are looking for a passionate Middle QA to help with product quality and define QA processes.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is a developer of spending management software solutions to help companies manage their spending with the right level of control, visibility, and automation. Businesses pay each other $127 trillion each year, which equates to about 100 billion invoices. Because it is such a manual process, businesses on average spend £12 to £17 to process each invoice. With the customer’s product, businesses can reduce this cost by up to 75%. It’s possible to achieve this by moving away from email and putting the whole process online.
About Our Project:
The project is a platform built from the ground up and mostly in JVM technologies (Java/Kotlin/Groovy). It allows users to easily manage company cards, expenses, invoices, and budgets with smart approval rules. The project uses the latest technologies and best practices to power the platform.
Project Tech Stack:
CypressIO, Appium, JDK, AWS, Jira, MySQL and strong SQL experience, Git
- Ideally a coding background (in any language)
- Strong experience in API testing and writing scripts to test APIs
- Experience cross-browser testing
- Experience mobile app testing
- Responsible for writing, maintaining, and extending test automation framework and
scripts. Primarily in Cypress.
- Experience working in a FinTech is a plus
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Nice to Have:
- You love breaking things
- You like working in a fast-paced world
- You take pride in your work
- You are a bit of a perfectionist
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get things done
- 4+ years of QA experience
- Delivering against testing plans, liaising with customer service/support and development functions.
- Taking an active involvement in the quality of the delivered product
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Writing and executing functional and non-functional tests against deliverable products (automated and manual). Covering aspects of testing such as stress testing, performance testing, and volume testing
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activities
- Designing, developing, and executing automation scripts
- Identifying, recording, thoroughly documenting, and tracking bugs
- Creating a regression pack and performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaising with the product owner to identify system requirements
- Writing performance test scripts and analyzing the results to give feedback to the developers
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Having experience with security testing and finding gaps in our current security practises.
- Having experience in Agile teams and acting as Scrum master
- Being passionate about working in an Agile environment; experience with other project management structures
- Experienced working with Agile ticket tracking systems
- Scrum mastering and development process supervision
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.