Middle Automation QA (Java)
Job ID: 4048576004
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Poznan, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
We are in search of a talented Middle Automation QA (Java) to come and join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer’s company used to be a small company, founded in 2014 to challenge the payments industry with innovative technology that merchants and financial institutions could use to process online payments in a way that was fit for the modern age. The customer created a future-proof platform that could grow with the evolving needs of today’s market.
In late 2018, the company was acquired by one of the largest payment technology companies in the world. Their focus was originally on the payment terminals you see in most shops, but now the company is expanding the foothold in the online payments sector.
About Our Project:
The customer delivers new payment technology that is designed to blow legacy solutions out of the water. Ecommerce businesses need a payment platform that offers complete control of the whole payment journey from a single touchpoint. That’s why the customer works on creating deep data insights, a rock-solid, scalable architecture, and global integrations with payment methods and banks. Combine that with the highest security and reliability standards and you get an idea of the type of work that the customer’s developers do. The customer is always looking for the best stack, the best way to scale, and the practices that make sure their platform performs to the standards of giant global clients that process millions of transactions every day.
- You will learn about payments
- Working here combines an autonomous workstyle with cooperative teamwork with people from diverse backgrounds
- Every Friday, the customer’s team has a Knowledge Sharing session, with topics from marketing to fraud, machine learning, and global partnerships. One day, you’ll host your own knowledge session to help the rest of the team understand something you know everything about!
- Proven work experience in quality assurance in software development, with at least 5 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools. We work with Selenium in Java; experience with one of those is required
- Serenity BDD
Nice to have:
- Experience working within a Scrum development framework
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with Postman
- Background in Payments
- Participate in Scrum team meetings to review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open-source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Expand and maintain the automated test suite for the services we create
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet business needs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environment
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.