Senior Java Developer
Job ID: 201944
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Lithuania: Klaipeda, Vilnius
As a Senior Java Developer you will join an international team of software engineering professionals and drive and maintain development of cloud, distributed search systems in the area of Pharma & Biotech Technology solutions.
The successful candidate will bring and share sufficient process experience in Agile/Scrum methodology, emphasizing collaboration and teamwork in application to enterprise software development with solid experience building complex search systems.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals. They help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives, corporations build commercial relationships, insurance companies assess risk, and government and financial institutions detect fraud. The customer is a global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7,000 people in 25 countries.
The Perfect candidate should:
- Have a deep understanding of core search concepts, text pre-processing and indexing, Lucene
- Experience with building distributed data ingestion pipelines, batch data processing, Kafka or other
- Have production experience with ElasticSearch and Solr
- Experience with tuning search behaviour, customization of ranking algorithms
- Have solid experience with core Java (or Python), algorithms and data structures
- Have experience with relational and NoSQL data sources, Oracle and MarkLogic
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Systems and CI/CD, Linux and Jenkins
- Be keen to deliver quality solutions, testing automation, unit testing
- Have an Agile mindset, be confident with Scrum processes
- Be proficient in cloud computing, AWS services
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems
- Strong research skills
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Complete complex bug fixes
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
- Design and work with complex data models
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques
- All other duties as assigned
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.