Senior/Lead Data Engineer
Job ID: 201936
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are seeking a talented Senior to Lead Data Engineer to play a crucial role in implementing and maintaining a data warehouse. A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional experienced people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are the foundation of what makes Exadel a strong, stable company. We value our people, engage and develop them to their greatest potential!
About Our Customer and Project:
You will work with an international management consulting firm that focuses on retail services. The company is headquartered in New York City with 60+ offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and employs over 4,500 professionals!
The majority of the customer’s projects are data driven. The project provides stores with statistics about goods sold, which in turn helps stores to arrange goods more efficiently. The work will be mostly done from our offices, but business trips to London/Dublin once every half of a year are possible.
- 4+ years of experience in DWH development
- Strong SQL skills (SQL syntax, query plans, debugging, partitions)
- Development/support experience of ETL processes
- Knowledge of Core Databases: MS SQL 2014+
- Strong engineering process and hygiene skills e.g. source control, coding standards, code reviews
- Comfortable working in an agile team (SCRUM)
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Use of Slack, JIRA, Confluence and other collaboration tools
- Excellent written and spoken English
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to other Relational Database Management systems
- Some Python exposure
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Docker
- Determine data requirements by interviewing customers; analyze business requirements and applications; evaluate existing systems, hardware, and software; define and analyze data sources; validate data required; document requirements
- Analyze data by defining quality requirements; assess data quality, availability, and change data capture
- Implement data schema by developing program, process, procedure, and quality solutions for data acquisition, extraction, cleansing, transformation, integration, loading, and replication; develop filtering, formatting and data delivery processes to data marts; build SQL code, stored procedures, and triggers
- Design interfaces by developing visualization and access methods; design application reports and testing
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.