Middle Technical Writer
Job ID: 201676
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a versatile Middle Technical Writer to join our team and help us:
- Develop business user materials (including online help, user guides, videos, and self-paced training)
- Create internal and external facing technical documentation (including System Administrator, implementation/deployment, integration, and best practices guides)
- Lead a team of technical writers
Your expertise in documenting the deployment and administration of complex enterprise software in the cloud will enable you to work closely with product management, engineering, operations, and support to create and maintain online user documentation, in-product user assistance, and technical implementation documentation. You must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic Agile development environment.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer and Project:
The customer is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). The customer’s proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multi-channel engagement with HCPs. Today, 10 of the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies are using the platform to go to market smarter.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the customer’s company has offices around the world, including in Philadelphia, New York, London, Barcelona, Tokyo, Osaka, and Shanghai.
- 3+ years working as a Middle Technical Writer, leading a team of technical writers
- 3+ years working as a technical writer to document large-scale enterprise software products for technical architects and system administrators, including procedures, architecture descriptions, and detailed configuration information
- Proven track record of researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for technically complex enterprise software (CRM, ERP, and SaaS products)
- Genuine desire to learn challenging technical concepts and thrive in an environment of rapid change
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and coordinate collaborative work in a constructive manner
- Basic diagramming skills for deployment and flowchart illustrations
- Experience with tools such as RoboHelp, WikiMedia, Madcap Flare, Paligo or equivalent
- Ability and desire to work hands-on with the software as it is being developed
- Appreciation of the challenges and ambiguity involved in documenting early stage and
fast evolving products
- BA/BS degree in English, Technical Communication/Writing, Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience
- Manage the process, standards, and writers who design and produce technical documentation for a highly configurable software product in a collaborative environment employing Agile development methodologies
- Provide oversight for all product documentation deliverables
- Lead and collaborate with the writing team to develop style guides, content standards, documentation processes and guidelines
- Provide oversight and approval for all product documentation deliverables
- Perform or assist writers in accomplishing the following: provide estimates and plans for documenting new product features
- Create, maintain, and review software product documentation for several user audiences
- Develop a deep knowledge of the products and write technical content to an appropriate level of detail
- Collaborate effectively with globally distributed product teams to gather information and obtain technical review of content drafts
- Produce highly usable technical product documentation that maximizes the ability of the end user, designer, and administrator users to understand and use the product effectively
- Ensure delivery of quality documentation by following review and delivery processes and procedures
- Ensure proper storage and archiving of documentation by following version control policies and procedures
- Deliver documentation on schedule with a high degree of quality
- Collaborate with training department to produce technical content that can be a foundation or reference for training materials
- Rapidly develop technical knowledge about how we deploy, integrate, configure, and administer large distributed deployments of the platform’s data analytics and learning software
- Quickly synthesize technical information from multiple sources and write concise, accurate documentation that enables the customer’s clients to deploy and use the software with confidence
- Write technical documentation for clients and the field personnel who architect, deploy, and administer large-scale enterprise software environments
- Discuss and troubleshoot technical details with engineering, support, product management, operations, and customers on a daily basis
- Closely track all project developments for multiple scrum teams and ensure that documentation requirements are clearly defined and scheduled
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.