Job ID: 201672
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re currently looking for an experienced Dev Lead to join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the customer’s company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Team:
The customer’s team supports dozens of front-end application teams on multiple continents in a global company. They produce front-end components, packages, and tools used by other front-end teams for revenue-generating products. Clients are front-end engineers – a tough group of clients! The challenges and rewards are many, so the team maintains up-to-date knowledge of the intricacies of all three major frameworks: Angular, React, and VueJS, as well as web components.
As a member of the customer’s team, you will bring your strength as an engineer to the tasks of optimizing and scaling the creation of assets for multiple frameworks from beginning to end: brainstorming, design, execution, testing, security, documentation, and ongoing support. The members of the team come from multiple countries and backgrounds, including North America, and West, Central, and Eastern Europe. They create strategic value for the entire organization.
Tasks within the Team:
The customer’s team is a group of generalists – every member over time becomes an expert in all of the tasks. These tasks are: strategic planning, detailed designs, coding, security, writing tests, code reviews, documentation, continuous integration, and deployment. All members of the team engage with our end-users (who are engineers themselves) including early adopters of preview releases, later adopters of mature assets, and legacy teams using our older assets.
At times, members of the team are assigned for a fixed period directly to a product team to integrate assets into their efforts.
Members of the team regularly assess and experiment with emerging technologies to see how they fit into the evolving set of assets.
The process consists of two interviews with the customer’s team:
- 90 minute interview with two members of the customer’s team – mix of interview questions and one or two small tasks
- 60 minute task interview with the customer’s architect
Requirements (must have):
- Strong algorithm and data structures knowledge
- Able to work independently – with good judgment on when to ask for help
- Able to work with our engineer-customers to discern their needs
- HTML/CSS/SASS experience
- Production experience with at least one of the frameworks: React or Angular or Vue or Stencil
- Unit/Functional/Integration/Screenshot/Snapshot etc. tests experience
Requirements (nice to have):
- Strong written English
- Comfortable making presentations and doing demos of your work
- WebComponents experience
- AWS experience
- Azure DevOps
- Report to the development manager and interact with the Architect who provides strategic targets
- Be responsible for the relationships between the customer’s clients and developers. Support the development of strategy through knowledge of clients’ needs. Maintain hands-on activity in the code.
- Maintain a strong solution-level knowledge of assets developed by the customer’s team and assets developed by the customer’s peers to enhance the value of the customer’s relationship with clients
- The specific responsibilities in relationships with clients include but are not limited to:
– Creating and presenting promotional materials at high level
– Creating and presenting in-depth technical presentations
– Coordinating contacts with staff from peer teams to present complete solutions to our customers
– Monitoring support channels and maintaining familiarity with trends in customer requests
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.