Lead Technical Writer
Job ID: 201294
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
As a Lead Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating and publishing end-user content in the form of online help, in-product walkthrough guides, manuals, support articles, and release notes for the customer’s products. You will work closely with the Product Documentation Manager, Product Owners, Development Managers, Developers, QA, and other Technical Writers. This position requires that you meet strict schedules while producing quality content. You also need to apply technology solutions to solve business problems. You should be experienced with mentoring other writers and providing constructive feedback on their work.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
For more than 30 years, the customer’s company has been helping client organizations succeed by providing independent, objective insight and financially-centered software tools that support decision making and enable the development and execution of sustainable strategies and goals.
The customer provides management consulting services, enterprise performance management software, and benchmark data and analytics that help clients to sustain success in a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, or a related field
- Minimum eight years’ technical writing experience creating software content including online help, contextual help, and manuals
- Minimum three years’ experience providing guidance to multiple writers
- Minimum one year recent experience using MadCap Flare, version 2019 or newer
- Minimum one year recent experience with Adobe FrameMaker, version 2019 or newer
- Experience with the following:
– MadCap Central
– Microsoft Teams
– Microsoft Azure DevOps (formerly Team Foundation Server)
– Microsoft Office, version 2016 or newer
– SnagIt o Adobe DC
- Experience writing in-product walkthrough guides or training/video scripts
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of finance/budgeting/accounting for the healthcare industry and/or financial institutions, including concepts and terms
- Experience writing content for Healthcare EPM software
- Mid-level to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, version 2016 or newer
- Knowledge of XML or experience writing in XML and/or HTML
- Interpret use cases and translate them into conceptual and procedural content
- Explain abstract concepts and step-by-step procedures to a variety of audiences
- Present ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely – both verbally and in writing
- Excellent command of the English language
- Organize material in a logical and clear manner
- Experience converting content from Adobe FrameMaker to MadCap Flare
- Interview subject matter experts to expand on and clarify technical information
- Balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing needs and/or project requirements
- Learn new software features quickly
- Follow established style guides and structured writing processes
- Pay close attention to detail
- Update and maintain repositories to store, audit, and archive new and completed content artifacts
- Communicate status to Product Documentation Manager and cross-functional team members
- Assist Development, Support, Training, Marketing, and other departments on how to access and use the published content
- Handle working independently and in groups
- Work proactively to get the information needed to finish the job
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.