Senior DWH/BI Engineer
Job ID: 201182
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are currently looking for a talented Senior DWH/BI Engineer to join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer gives companies and investors access to global capital markets by providing innovative market infrastructure for trading shares and securities. It also acts as a transaction services provider.
Founded in 1993, this joint stock company is headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany and on October 1st, 2014 became the 14th member of the United Nations Sustainable Stock Exchanges initiative.
The company has locations in Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Czech Republic, and Spain, as well as representative offices in Beijing, London, Paris, Chicago, New York, Hong Kong, and Dubai.
About the Project:
The main goal of the project is to use a BigData technology stack (Scala, HDFS, Cloudera, Kafka, Spark, Zeppelin etc.) to provide new reports (or migrate existing reports) to customers and internal employees.
Business trips, work with Europe
Project Tech Stack:
Report development (avro=ETL=>avro) using Scala + Spark. Transformations are mostly performed using a dataset or rdd, but there is no SQL in the code.
- 3+ years of experience in DWH/BI/Big Data or Java development
- Report development (avro=ETL=>avro) using Scala + Spark
- Transformations are mostly performed using a dataset or rdd, but there is no SQL in the code
- A quick learner possessing an analytical mindset
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- API development: provide data with transformations to the internal applications from hdfs (history data) or Kafka (real time)
- Determine data requirements by interviewing customers, analyze business requirements and applications
- Evaluate existing systems, hardware, and software
- Define and analyze data sources, validate data required, document requirements
- Analyze data by defining quality requirements, assess data quality, availability, and change data capture
- Design interfaces by developing visualization and access methods
- Design application reports and testing
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.