Middle Android Developer
Job ID: 201175
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a Middle Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The mobile crash detection team creates mobile SDKs and mobile apps for the collection, analysis, processing, and reporting of automatically generated telemetry captured through sensors on the latest cellular phones. These modules process the obtained information, integrate it with artificial intelligence models, and identify and assess crashes and their severity. Driver behavior, active safety features, and environmental conditions are just some of the data attributes collected and evaluated in real time. In the event of accidents, these services initiate automated responses in the form of emergency assistance, vehicle transport, a replacement vehicle, medical services, etc.
- Industry standard REST APIs, SDKs and SaaS
- Deep understanding of mobile sensors and usage for customer’s system
- Challenge of collecting of high frequency telemetry on resource constrained mobile phones
- Big data processing algorithms
- Open Source and Microservice based architecture
- Understanding of AI Algorithms
1 Development Manager, 2 Mobile Engineer IOS, 1 Mobile Engineer Android, 2 Automation QA, 1 PO
Project Tech Stack:
Android Studio, Bitbucket, Jira, JUnit, SonarQube, Azure Devops
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of software development experience
- At least 3 years of working experience in Android based applications using Java
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI/MVP, VIPER), building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
- Experience debugging issues using debugger and Device Explorer
- Experience with Espresso or similar testing utilities, Dagger 2 or similar injection frameworks, Gradle, JUnit and Mockito
- Experience using Firebase Analytics/Crashlytics
- Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and the full SDLC
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Other Beneficial Skills:
- Knowledge of Material Design for Android
- Working knowledge of network libraries for Android and its security
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Android Development
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of Android SDKs and mobile apps using Java and (or) Kotlin
- Program with the latest Android technologies: Android Architecture Components, Navigation Framework, Android Jetpack, Android NDK, View components, JSON, and more
- Showcase fluency with the Java programming language, Kotlin, the Android SDK (versions 5.0 and up), ART, memory management, strong command of object-oriented principles, data structure optimizations, security, IPC, App Modularization
- Work as an individual developer to develop and enhance our current SDKs and mobile apps to suit the needs of business
- Review product requirements in close collaboration with product owners and development
- Author and review design documentation in Confluence with all key stakeholders
- Be a subject matter expert, understanding business use cases and feature implementation
- Contribute creative ideas to evolve our agile-based development and development frameworks
- Up level team maturity by contributing to code reviews, CI/CD, identifying code coverage gaps, and other SDLC process components
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.