Product Owner (Scrum)
Job ID: 201162
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a dedicated Product Owner to be the point person in our scrum team. The Product Owner will be responsible for defining the product vision and managing the product development process. Other responsibilities include supporting the scrum team, managing backlog items, and optimizing the value of the product. You should also be able to lead the product development team toward achieving the vision and mission of the organization.
As a Product Owner, you should have the ability to plan and manage the development project from start to finish, and ensure that the product meets the customer’s needs.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is an integrated insights partner serving more than 12,000 educational organizations and millions of educators, administrators, and support personnel in their efforts to develop the next generation of learners. By bringing together the best education software solutions into one unified platform, the customer makes it possible to efficiently and effectively manage the needs of the education community including recruiting & hiring, absence & time management, professional growth, and special education. With more than 15 years of experience serving the front line of education, the customer’s software is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence that enables informed decisions and drives engagement across school systems.
About the Project:
The project is a school administration software for recruiting, hiring, time tracking, managing absences, and running professional development, special education, and interventions.
- Strategizing and presenting ideas to stakeholders
- Defining product features according to customer needs
- Leading the development process
- Acting as the main point of contact between teams and stakeholders
- Managing and prioritizing product backlog items
- Assisting the scrum/product development team to meet the objectives of each sprint
- Adjusting and improving each iteration of the product before release
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Keeping customers and stakeholders informed of the status of the product
- BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.