Senior Scala Software
Job ID: 201153
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Scala Software Developer. You will be part of a technical team responsible for the continuing development of a key product and for developing a proof of concept of a next-generation product incorporating state of the art chemistry tools, then transitioning this project out of a working proof of concept into production. Providing this kind of cutting-edge intelligent decision support will directly enhance the ability of the research community to bring safe drugs to market quicker.
You will be part of a cross-functional product development group using Agile management and engineering practices.
Mindset. You have an analytical mind; you enjoy working out problems methodically and thoroughly and considering the wider context in which the problem exists. You are adaptable and have an inquiring mindset and an interest in building your software development experience, like by learning other technologies to improve your ability to deliver.
Software Development Skills. You are able to research, implement, advise on and develop high-quality software for building a microservice-based platform. You are well-versed in software development practices across the entire lifecycle. You can review code written by others and make sympathetic amendments to it to improve its performance and reliability and render it fit for use in a production environment.
You can produce high-quality, clean, and performant code and prove that your code works with automated unit, integration, and UI tests.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The customer is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals. They help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives, corporations build commercial relationships, insurance companies assess risk, and government and financial institutions detect fraud. The customer is a global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7,000 people in 25 countries.
- Experience with Scala 2.12 and Java 8 will be a plus
- Experience with Spring 5 or newer
- Experience with Maven
- Experience using Jira and working in an Agile Environment
- Experience using Git
- Developing for the cloud – we use AWS
- Experience of Terraform and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development
Desirable Experience (you can pick this up on the job if necessary)
- Working with Docker, including building and maintaining containers
- Experience of working with CICD pipelines
- Experience of writing HTML
- Experience of working in Unix environments, and writing shell scripts
- Knowledge of behaviour-driven development
- You are adaptable and have an inquiring mindset and an interest in building your software development experience, for example to learn other technologies to improve your ability to deliver
- You have an analytical mind, you enjoy working out problems methodically and in depth, considering the wider context in which the problem exists
- You follow good engineering principles and know when it’s pragmatically appropriate to compromise on them
- The team is a diverse one. We welcome applications from anyone with the talent to do the job, who can work well with others and accept and appreciate their differences.
- Research, implement, advise on and develop software to build a microservice platform to aid research and solve problems in chemistry
- Review code and merge pull requests
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.