Middle DevOps Engineer
Job ID: 200757
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re currently looking for a Middle DevOps Engineer (AWS), who has deep technical depth of a specific technical domain, for example Private and/or Public Cloud, Virtualization, Database, Systems Management Tools, Automation, Networking etc.
Your primary focus will be to develop detailed low level designs to enable the delivery of technical components or solutions in accordance with a predefined set of business requirements and outcomes as specified by our solution or domain architects.
Our Middle DevOps Engineer (AWS) will leverage a standard set of enterprise wide artefacts such as design patterns and standards. You’ll need to follow guiding design principles, ensuring the developed solutions or technical components deliver customer’s strategic intent, while meeting the solution requirements and providing business value.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the customer’s company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Project:
The project is CaaS (containers as a service). The main goal of the project is to standardize Kubernetes infrastructure provisioning in the most popular cloud providers according to the company strategy and program. Currently it supports Azure AKS and AWS EKS platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field is preferred
- Technical Certificates to a specific technical domain, for example AWS, Networking & Storage
- More than 3 years of IT experience
- Experience within a design engineering role
- Experience migrating data centers workloads towards AWS
- Hands-on experience with SME Server
- Experience in a specific design domain
- Recent experience within the Design and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions
- Cloud Computing
- Server/Datacenter virtualization
- Information Security
- Enterprise wide Architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc.
- Developing Foundational reusable technology components
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Nice to have:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Architecture Certification: TOGAF, ARCHIMATE, ZACHMAN, etc.
Strategy and Architecture:
- Undertake analytical activities and deliver analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
- Maintain knowledge of specific specialisms, provide detailed advice regarding their application and execute specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
Development and implementation:
- Specify user/system interfaces, and translate logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Produce detailed designs and document all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Define test conditions for given requirements. Design test cases and create test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided. Interpret, execute and record test cases in accordance with project test plans. Analyse and report test activities and results. Identify and report issues and risks.
- Assist in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products. Document faults, implement resolutions and retest to agreed standards.
- Design computing and communications equipment, taking into account target environment, performance, security and sustainability requirements. Translate logical designs into physical designs, and deliver technical prototypes of proposed components for approval by customer and execution by technicians. Design tests to measure performance of prototypes and production output against specification and inform iterative development.
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Take action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conduct tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Correct malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required. Document details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Develop installation procedures and standards, and schedule installation work. Provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve the installation service.
Delivery and Operation:
- Contribute to the availability management process and its operation and perform defined availability management tasks. Analyse service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensure that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implement arrangements for disaster recovery and document recovery procedures. Conduct testing of recovery procedures.
- Engage with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard. Feed into change management processes.
- Apply tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to CIs, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorised change, diversion and inappropriate use.
- Develop, document and implement changes based on requests for change. Apply change control procedures.
- Use the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administer the recording of activities, logging of results and document technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Review system software updates and identify those that merit action. Tailor system software to maximize hardware functionality. Install and test new versions of system software. Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepare and maintain operational documentation for system software. Advise on the correct and effective use of system software.
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.