Middle BI Reporter
Job ID: 200647
We’re seeking a Middle BI Reporter (Tableau) who has a passion for turning data into software. Do you consider yourself both technical and creative? Do you eat, sleep, and breathe data? Do you look at graphs in the news and think “There’s a better way…”? Then we want you.
As a BI Reporter, you will be working with the customer’s clients and internal stakeholders to create best-of-breed enterprise dashboards. Your dashboards will follow industry best practices for design and technical needs, with a strong focus on delivering app-like analytical experiences to clients. You will also develop and maintain exceptional SQL code bases and expand customer’s capability to alter dashboards through Python scripting.
You will join a passionate, creative group and have the opportunity to hone and build skills while contributing to internal and client projects across a wide range of verticals. This team is quickly growing and offers high potential for professional growth. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and possess strong creative and problem-solving skills with a deep curiosity for all things data.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The customer has been working on the next generation analytics platform since 2018. The customer is currently working on Hortonworks and plans to move to Amazon EMR/Hadoop in 2021. The platform is where all the data is collected into one data lake so they can then perform next-generation analytics.
- Cross-product analytics
- Analytics for every new product the customer has. The analytics team’s products are how the customer’s company sells the products’ value to clients
- Quarterly business review meetings use data to explain how the product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross-functional team
- You will learn the customer’s business
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience developing user reporting or dashboard solutions with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI or MicroStrategy with at least one year with Tableau
- Ability to design and develop dynamic dashboards
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with LOD calculations, common Tableau “hacks”
Nice to have:
- SQL debugging experience
- Experience getting data from relational database platforms (Oracle, etc.)
- Experience getting data from big data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with other data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience with Python
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.