Middle QA Engineer
Job ID: 200644
We’re looking for a talented Middle QA Engineer to join our team!
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The customer has been working on the next generation analytics platform since 2018. The customer is currently working on Hortonworks and plans to move to Amazon EMR/Hadoop in 2021. The platform is where all the data is collected into one data lake so they can then perform next-generation analytics.
- Cross-product analytics
- Analytics for every new product the customer has. The analytics team’s products are how the customer’s company sells the products’ value to clients
- Quarterly business review meetings use data to explain how the product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross-functional team
- You will learn the customer’s business
Project Tech Stack:
Technologies used are all open source Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, Airflow, Kafka to name a few
- 3-5 years of prior QA testing experience
- A quick learner keen to learn new technologies
- Diagnose bugs and perform root cause analysis
- Develop well documented test plans and strategies for both new development and regression coverage across our entire products
- Strong knowledge of SQL and writing complex joins
- Experience using UNIX commands and vi editor
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Develop automated testing programs and processes. (Ability to use Python is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience using tools like Zira, Sql Developer, DBeaver
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Review and analyze scope requirements and document ambiguities or incomplete requirements for further clarification
- Create detailed test plans based on requirements and data mapping documents
- Prepare test data and oversee readiness of test environments
- Perform functional and non-functional testing and analyze test results
- Identify and track defects to closure
- Create and update test artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Status) for newly developed and legacy applications
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.