Middle Business Analyst
Job ID: 200643
We’re seeking a Middle Business Analyst to transform feedback and analytics data into actionable plans that drive product enhancements through meaningful insights. This role is responsible for capturing the voice of the customer to influence the next generation of, web and mobile solutions used by the collision repair industry.
A Business Analyst synthesizes information from many sources, produces recommendations, organizes the product backlog, participates in the Agile process, proposes product feature sequencing, and engages heavily with management, engineers, QA, designers, and others in the creation of killer apps.
Work at Exadel – Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The customer has been working on the next generation analytics platform since 2018. The customer is currently working on Hortonworks and plans to move to Amazon EMR/Hadoop in 2021. The platform is where all the data is collected into one data lake so they can then perform next-generation analytics.
- Cross-product analytics
- Analytics for every new product the customer has. The analytics team’s products are how the customer’s company sells the products’ value to clients
- Quarterly business review meetings use data to explain how the product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross-functional team
- You will learn the customer’s business
Project Tech Stack:
Technologies used are all open source Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, Airflow, Kafka to name a few
- 2-5+ years of analysis experience
- Experience querying and manipulating data with tools such as SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, KNIME
- Experience building reports and dashboards in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, MicroStrategy
- Experience presenting data products and business recommendations to stakeholders
- User experience (UX) design including persona development, wireframing and prototyping
- User acceptance and QA testing
- Capability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Partner closely with management and product teams to manage ongoing product enhancements
- Communicate with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Research system processes to define requirements and troubleshoot problems
- Leverage feedback and information to identify improvement opportunities and recommend action
- Participate in detailed planning and prioritize development backlogs
- Communicate internally to provide deep understanding of product objectives
- Help the team translate product concepts into user stories and other product deliverables
- Generate insights from data trends
- Address complexity through planning and analysis
- Promote and maintain a positive work environment based on trust and respect
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Sales Support team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees.
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place.
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.