Senior Java (Scala) Developer
Job ID: 200442
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for a talented Senior Java (Scala) Developer to join our friendly team! As a Senior Java Developer, you will be expected to perform complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provide direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design — typically across multiple systems, mentors more-junior members of the team and talks to users/clients and translates their requests into solutions.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals. They help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives, corporations build commercial relationships, insurance companies assess risk, and government and financial institutions detect fraud. The customer is a global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7,000 people in 25 countries.
About the Project:
Medical research has never been more salient to daily life, and adding to the body of research requires a knowledge of what’s already out there.
The customer’s ambitious team provides innovative development to search out, harvest, transform, and package medical data into solutions that accelerate research. The team works in Agile squads, each focusing on initiatives that will improve and enhance the experience of the customer’s clients.
- 3+ years of experience developing Java apps
- A good understanding of data manipulation and storage technology
- Expertise in development technologies, especially Scala and Docker, and experience using Kubernetes and Kafka is a distinct bonus
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices in development, for example code testing, CI/CD
- An ability to work competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements
- An ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components, working with other team members to translate these to good designs
- Complete complex bug fixes and issues as necessary
- Successfully implement Agile development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Mentor and train as directed less senior software engineers, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
- Design and work with complex data models
- Perform other duties as assigned
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.