Middle Ruby on Rails
Job ID: 200440
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Currently we are looking for a Middle Ruby on Rails Developer. Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Come, join our team and help us build amazing things. We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
About the Customer:
The customer provides products for mobile app solutions, effortless payment, paratransit, business travel, and advertising that reaches captive audiences of millions and traces its history of success back to 1992. They are creating a comprehensive mobility platform for operators to efficiently manage their vehicles and drivers, for regulators to be informed and establish guidelines, for service providers to deliver sustainable, future-proof solutions, and for riders to have an effortless transit experience.
About the Project:
The project is a taxi ordering service. The user can hail a taxi, monitor hailed taxi, pay for a ride, see trips history. The system contains the following components:
- ride server (all data processing)
- payment server (PCI DSS-compliant) which performs a transaction with the passenger’s digital wallet and payment gateways
- mobile application (hail taxi, geocoding, map, payments)
- taxi terminal (3rd party)
The project includes integration with 3rd party services, including PayPal, MasterPass, Stripe, Twilio.
1 Team Lead, 3 UI Developers, 6 Back-End Developers, 4 Mobile Developers, 4 QA, 1 Designer.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails (3+ years of experience)
- Solid knowledge of relational databases including MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong background with delayed asynchronous job execution (RabbitMQ)
- Experience working with and developing REST API
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good architectural sense and a passion for high-quality code
- Familiarity with version control systems (GIT)
- Good communications skills
Nice to have:
- Practice with AWS and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
- Acquaintance with in-memory databases (Memcached, Redis)
- A wish to improve the existing and get new skills
- Back-end development using Ruby on Rails, AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- Building of REST API
- Integrating with dispatch systems of taxi service providers and another 3rd party services
- Working in a team
- Participating in meetings with the customer
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.