Senior Perl Developer
Job ID: 200247
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We are looking for an experienced Senior Perl Developer to come and join our team! You will solve some of education’s hardest problems at cloud-scale. By using a stack that includes Perl, Docker, Node.js, React, and AWS, you will help our customer to change the way that teachers teach and students learn.
If that sounds interesting, we should talk.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a Web-based learning management system and a massive open online course (MOOC) platform. Millions of students and teachers around the world use customer’s products.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Perl
- Knowledge of Node.js, React
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Experience with cloud-hosted, high-traffic applications
- A bias to action, desire for ownership, and love for problem-solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages (with interest in learning more)
- Demonstrated excellence in programming, debugging, architecture, and devops — customer’s engineers design, build, and deploy their own code
- Strong communication skills
- Support and enhance a stable Perl codebase, and build robust new functionality using Node/React
- Ensure products can operate in the cloud at the scale needed by clients
- Apply software development best practices for development (e.g. SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD, BDD) and configuration management tasks
- Constructively discuss, challenge and negotiate the best solution to deliver value to the client
- Work in an Agile software development environment with distributed teams using Scrum
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.