Senior DevOps (AWS)
Job ID: 200235
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Our customer is looking for a Senior DevOps (AWS) Engineer with an interest in scalable, high-throughput systems. The customer relies on the DevOps team to build and maintain infrastructure that ingests 12TB a day and makes 275TB of data searchable in real time. If you’re a motivated, self-sufficient problem solver with a “get stuff done” attitude, this is the perfect job for you!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The company offers software as a service platform to monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain desktops, servers, and other endpoints for small and medium-sized businesses.
About the Project:
The project is a solution that offers threat detection and response backed by an in-house Security Operations Center. It allows users to defend against business email compromise, account takeovers, and see beyond the network traffic. Customer’s team of threat analysts does all the tedium for his clients, eliminating the noise and sending only identified and verified threats to action on.
- Experience building highly-reliable, scalable, high-throughput systems in Python or Golang
- Experience maintaining highly-reliable, scalable, high-throughput systems
- Experience with container orchestration is a plus: ECS, Kubernetes, Beanstalk, etc.
- Alternatively, experience building and maintaining sensor-based systems that source data to a pipeline
- Knowledge of message queueing or streaming systems: AMQP, SQS, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure to non-relational (NoSQL) databases: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience maintaining large clusters is a major plus
- Experience maintaining and working with Linux-based systems
- Previous DevOps or sysadmin experience is desirable but not required
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider; we use AWS
- Exposure to automation/config manager frameworks: Salt, Chef/Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Comfortable writing scripts (any language) to automate the little stuff
Nice to have:
- An interest in cybersecurity is a plus but not required
- Experience working on bug bounty programs or occasional participation in CTF events
- Familiarity with Intrusion Detection/Protection Systems (IDS/IPS) and/or Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Write Python and Go to add new features to the on-prem hardware devices running linux (Sensors)
- Assist in monitoring, maintaining, and upgrading out data pipeline infrastructure (Kafka, Logstash, and Elasticsearch clusters)
- Set up new nodes and add them to the cluster
- Run queries to check or update cluster configuration and settings
- Research upcoming versions, performance strategies, and different storage architectures
- Migrate applications and services to a kubernetes platform
- Participate in incident response and resolution; help us fight fires
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.