Senior Automation QA
Job ID: 200228
Ukraine: Any city
Welcome Bonus 4000$!
We’re searching for an experienced Senior Automation QA to join our talented team.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The team creates a software platform for the collection, analysis, processing, and reporting of automatically generated vehicle telemetry for new automobiles. These services process terabytes of information and integrate with artificial intelligence models to identify and assess crashes and their severity. Driver behavior, active safety features, and environmental conditions are just some of the data attributes collected and evaluated in real time. In the event of accidents, these services initiate automated responses in the form of emergency assistance, vehicle transport, a replacement vehicle, medical services, etc.
- Industry standard REST APIs and SaaS
- Scalability challenge of collecting high frequency telemetry on millions of autos
- Big data processing algorithms
- Marketable open-source tools used extensively
- Agile development processes with integrated DevOps
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
QA works in lock step with the Development team in an Agile development process. We partner with the development team to develop and maintain unit and integration tests that run at compile time of every build. QA team members are key contributors to the source code review process required prior to checking in new code to the release branch. We create functional regression tests that are run at code deployment time, the test automation framework used to execute and report on regression tests, and load testing to verify the performance and scalability of all services. We work in a Scrum-based delivery model and deliver functional regression tests in parallel with the product under test so that new capabilities have automated validation at the conclusion of each sprint.
Project Tech Stack:
Allure, Appium, Bitbucket, Gatling and JMeter, Jenkins, Jira, JUnit, SonarQube, Spinnaker, Spinnaker, TestLink, TestNG
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of software development and debugging experience in Java, C++ or other high-level programming language or master’s degree and 3+ years
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation libraries and tools and experience developing test automation and/or new test frameworks
- Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and the full SDLC
- Excellent written communication skills
Nice to have:
Other Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with TestNG or REST-assured
- Experience with AWS or Azure, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and Docker
- ISTQB and/or Oracle Java Certifications
- Experience creating test strategy documents
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of test automation, frameworks, and tools used for the customer’s suite of software and analytics solutions
- Work as an individual developer to develop and enhance automated tests for regression and feature testing, as well as framework libraries and new tools
- Review product requirements in close collaboration with product owners and development
- Author and review test plans, test strategies, test reports, and test cases with all key stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert; understand business use cases and feature implementation
- Contribute to load, performance, service reliability, and stress testing
- Contribute creative ideas to evolve our Agile-based development and testing methodologies
- Up level QA team maturity by contributing to code reviews, improving test frameworks, CI/CD, monitoring nightly tests, identifying code coverage gaps, and helping with other SDLC process components
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.