Senior UI/UX Designer
Job ID: 200227
The customer is one of the largest providers of software solutions to insurance carriers, auto repair facilities, and car manufacturers across the country. We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join the team and create products for some of the biggest insurance companies and auto manufacturers.
You will work in a growing product design team that is passionate about working for a leader in the innovative, insurtech space. They don’t believe that design is just something that is sprinkled into the process at the very end; design starts up front where it can make the most impact and is built into the entire process, from strategy to implementation. You’ll have the opportunity to help the customer to drive towards a design-led culture, injecting your skills, design methods, and visual fingerprint across the suite of industry-leading products.
We’re looking for someone who doesn’t wait for the answers but hunts them down, is comfortable enough to interact with stakeholders, and has a bias towards action. You’ll bring your expertise with you and help the customer craft best-in-class experiences across their mobile, web, and desktop products. If this sounds like a good fit, we might be looking for you!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
- Develop and manage timelines and activities for your projects
- Work with stakeholders to understand and define the problems to be solved
- Create compelling representations (prototypes, interaction flows, storyboards, final UI designs, etc.) of solutions for web- and mobile-based experiences. Bring simplicity and cohesion to complex challenges. Your designs won’t just be beautiful — they’ll drive results
- Present your work to multiple teams, including non-design audiences, with the ability to defend your design decisions and receive feedback
- Quickly iterate based on stakeholder and user feedback
- Prepare and run collaborative workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Participate in all areas of the design process: ideation, research, interaction design, information architecture, and UI design
- Work with other UI, UX, and front-end developers, providing clear guidance for implementation
- Stay current on emerging industry trends to provide insights on ways to improve the experience of our product offerings
- Foster a continuous learning mindset and always push for collaboration, not just within the design team but across the organization
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience working as a designer on digital products
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Advanced proficiency with design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage timelines, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with little supervision
- For UX work, send in case studies (online portfolio or PDFs) illustrating your user-centered design skills such as sketches, mock-ups, prototypes, flows, scenarios, personas, user research, etc. We want to see your thought process — not just pretty pictures
- For UI work, send us a portfolio showing work that is not only useful and usable, but also beautiful. Preferably a mix of mobile and desktop designs
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work closely with stakeholders (engineering, product, strategy) and external (customer / user) audiences
- Bachelors in a design-related field or relevant work experience
- 2+ years working on complex web applications or enterprise systems
- Digital illustration skills
- Experience in animation applications such as Adobe After Effects
- Experience creating design systems
- Understanding of accessibility issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.