Senior Automation QA (Java)
Job ID: 199991
We are currently looking for a Senior Automation QA to join our international team!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The team builds and maintains all the APIs that the customer’s clients use to integrate with the customer’s applications. Since most of the customer’s core applications are provided as SaaS, the APIs help the customer’s clients to send and receive data.
Why join the team?
- The team is at the intersection of product development and customer implementation
- 120+ of the customer’s clients integrate via API. Millions of transactions are processed per day
- You’ll develop APIs and workflow configurations
- You’ll have the chance to interact with the client’s development team to implement APIs
- Cross-functional collaboration with different teams in сustomer’s company is part of the job; you’ll work with product development, the account team, the implementation team, DevOps/Middleware, and IT operations
- You’ll learn about various сustomer’s product portfolios
- 10 people in the development team
- 3 QA Analysts
- 3 Business Analysts
- 4 Program managers
Java, J2EE, Spring Fmwk, Apigee, Okta, Kafka, OSB, Weblogic, Kubernetes, Oracle to name a few
2021 major Roadmap and Priorities:
- New integration with lien holders, GAAP insurance providers, and title holders (financial institutions)
- Integration with payment providers for different use cases
- Integration with multiple insurance carriers and OEMs, including a major US carrier moving to the customer’s solution
- Apigee/Okta migration of the APIs
- Vehicle replacement offers for OEM
- Platform upgrade
- New APIs and integrations for APD and casualty business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and organizational skills
- A self-starter and a quick learner
- Experience testing APIs and backend applications
- Experience with defect tracking systems, version control systems, test management systems
- Experience with any of the test automation tools used in the industry (Selenium, Test Complete, RFT, etc.)
- Comfortable navigating and querying relational DBs using SQL
- Diagnose bugs and perform root cause analysis
- Develop well-documented test plans and strategies for both new development and regression coverage across our entire products
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Review and analyze scope requirements and create detailed test plans
- Prepare test data and oversee readiness of test environments
- Perform functional and non-functional testing and analyze test results
- Identify and track defects to closure
- Create and update test artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Status) for newly developed and legacy applications
- Create, maintain and execute test automation scripts
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.