Middle Manual QA
Job ID: 199990
We are currently looking for a Middle Manual QA to join our international team. If you are competent in executing test cases and passionate about quality, we’d love to meet you!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The customer has been working on an analytics platfrom since 2018. The platform is on Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform, and the customer is planning on moving it to Amazon EMR in 2021. The customer has a variety of products, the data for all of which comes into one data lake on this analytics platform, which also allows the customer to do next generation analytics on the amassed data.
Hortonworks is the current vendor. It will be replaced by Amazon EMR. Tableau is going to be the BI vendor. Microstrategy currently exists and will be phased out by early 2023.
All data is sent to the data lake, and the customer can do industry reporting. These data are used by a data science team to build new products and an AI model.
We will be moving to real-time streaming using Kafka and S3. We are doing POC to use Dremio and Presto for the query engine.
We’re migrating to version 2.0 using Amazon EMR and S3, and Query engine is bucketed under 2.0 project.
- Cross product analytics
- Analytics for every new product customer has. Analytics team products is how the customer sells the products value to clients
- Quarterly Business Review meetings use data to explain how customer’s product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross functional team
- You will learn the customer’s company business
Project Tech Stack:
Technologies used are all open source Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, Airflow, Kafka to name a few
- Minimum 2 years of prior QA testing experience
- Diagnose bugs and perform root cause analysis
- Develop well-documented test plans and strategies for both new development and regression coverage across our entire products
- Experience providing QA for the mobile, web, and back-end services
- Understand of SQL and scripting
- Strong analytical skills
- A quick learner and keen to learn new technologies
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development process
Nice to have:
- Ability to develop automated testing programs and processes (ability to use Python is a plus)
- Experience using tools like Zira, SQL Developer, DBeaver
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Review and analyze scope requirements and document ambiguities or incomplete requirements for further clarification
- Create detailed test plans based on requirements and data mapping documents
- Prepare test data and oversee readiness of test environments
- Perform functional and non-functional testing and analyze test results
- Identify and track defects to closure
- Create and update test artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Status) for newly developed and legacy applications
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.