Senior Java Developer
Job ID: 199989
Ukraine: Any city
Welcome Bonus 4000$!
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our international team!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The team builds and maintains all the APIs that Customer’s clients use to integrate with Customer’s applications. Since most of Customer’s core applications are provided as SaaS, API’s help Customer’s clients to send him data as well as get back data to/from the internal applications.
Why join the team?
- The team is at the intersection of product development and customer implementation
- About 120+ of the customer’s clients integrate via API. Millions of transactions processed per day
- Develop APIs and workflow configurations
- Interact with client’s development team to implement APIs
- Cross functional collaboration with different teams in сustomer’s company. Product development, Account teams, Implementation team, DevOps/Middleware and IT Operations
- Learn about various сustomer’s product portfolios
- 10 people in the development team
- 3 QA Analysts
- 3 Business Analysts
- 4 Program managers
Java, J2EE, Spring Fmwk, Apigee, Okta, Kafka, OSB, Weblogic, Kubernetes, Oracle to name a few
2021 major Roadmap and Priorities:
- New Integration with Lien holders, GAAP Insurance providers and Title holder (Financial institutions)
- Integration with payment providers for different use cases
- Integration with multiple insurance carriers and OEMs, including a major US carrier moving to customer’s solution
- Apigee/Okta migration of the APIs
- Vehicle replacement offers for OEM
- Platform upgrade
- New APIs and integrations for APD and Casualty business
- 3-5 years of practical in building scalable web applications using Java/Java EE
- 3-5 years of practical experience in development SOAP or/and RESTful web-services
- 3-5 years of practical experience with Spring Framework or/and Spring Boot (or other java web-framework e.g. Apache Struts)
- 3-5 years of practical experience with Hibernate ORM/MyBatis/JdbcTemplate/etc.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in RDBMS and SQL-language (MySQL/Oracle/SQLServer/PostgreSQL). Basic understanding of DB Transactions
- Experience developing and deploying web applications on servers like Apache Tomcat/WebLogic/JBoss/etc.
- Experience with source code management systems: GitHub/Bitbucket/Gitlab/etc.
- Experience with build systems: Maven/Gradle/etc.
- Good working experience with XML, XSD, JSON formats.
- Experience in the automation of software testing (JUnit/Cucumber/Selenium/etc.)
- Sound knowledge of IDEs and tooling like IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse/SoapUI/Postman
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and OpenShift
- Knowledge in defining clean APIs and interfaces using web-service technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Understanding of microservice development (Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with stream-processing in Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with designing data models (logical and physical models) and constructing database schemas and complex SQL queries/stored procedures
- Understanding of CI/CD DevOps process (Jenkins/Bamboo/etc.)
- Sound knowledge of AWS technologies
- Experience with responsive web-design, responsive frameworks (e.g. Twitter Bootstrap) and mobile web-development
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Experience with code optimization and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum in a professional environment
- Collaborate with Product Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and User Experience teams to perform analysis of functional requirements, user stories, and specifications
- Design, document, and implement enterprise-class, service-oriented Java web applications to fulfill functional requirements, user stories, and architectural goals
- Work closely with engineering team members and architects to design, develop, and test all tiers of the application platform – presentation, business service, and persistence/database tiers
- Perform design and code reviews; consult with operations engineers, database architecture, and other team members to evaluate and improve operational and performance aspects of the overall system
- Be responsible for leading onsite, remote, and offshore development team for product releases
- Evaluate and prototype new products and capabilities and provide insight on resulting value proposition
- Participate in ongoing maintenance and support of software systems when needed
- Provide support for automated builds and deployment of software systems
- Monitor industry trends for web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation
- Mentor and assist in the training and onboarding of other team members
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.