Senior BI Reporter (Tableau)
Job ID: 199986
We’re currently seeking a Senior BI Reporter who has a passion for turning data into software. Do you consider yourself both technical and creative? Do you eat, sleep, and breathe data? Do you look at graphs in the news and think “There’s a better way…?” We want you.
You will join a passionate, creative group and have the opportunity to hone and build skills while contributing to internal and client projects across a wide range of verticals. This team is quickly growing and offers high potential for professional growth. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and possess strong creative and problem-solving skills with a deep curiosity for all things data.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The customer has been working on an analytics platform since 2018. The platform is on Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform, and the customer is planning on moving it to Amazon EMR in 2021. The customer has a variety of products, the data for all of which comes into one data lake on this analytics platform, which also allows the customer to do next generation analytics on the amassed data.
Hortonworks is the current vendor. It will be replaced by Amazon EMR. Tableau is going to be the BI vendor. Microstrategy currently exists and will be phased out by early 2023.
All data is sent to the data lake, and the customer can do industry reporting. These data are used by a data science team to build new products and an AI model.
We will be moving to real-time streaming using Kafka and S3. We are doing POC to use Dremio and Presto for the query engine.
We’re migrating to version 2.0 using Amazon EMR and S3, and Query engine is bucketed under 2.0 project.
- Cross product analytics
- Analytics for every new product customer has. Analytics team products is how the customer sells the products value to clients
- Quarterly Business Review meetings use data to explain how customer’s product is helping clients in their business
- You’ll get to work with a cross functional team
- You will learn customer’s company business
- Basic experience in getting data from Big Data and Non-relational databases into BI tools
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing user reporting or dashboard solutions with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, or MicroStrategy with at least 1 year with Tableau
- Experience with LOD calculations, common Tableau “hacks”
- Understanding of Dimensional Data Models and Data Warehouse concepts
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with UI/UX prototyping to refine requirements
- Medical or auto insurance industry experience
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS)
- Experience with other data analysis and visualization tools – the broader the background, the better
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience using Python and Command Line in conjunction with APIs
- Experience with getting data from MongoDB
- As a Senior BI Reporter, you will be working with the customer’s clients and internal stakeholders to create best-of-breed enterprise dashboards
- Your dashboards will follow industry best practices for design and technical needs, with a strong focus on delivering app-like analytical experiences to customers
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.