Middle Java Developer
Job ID: 199967
We’re currently looking for a Middle Java Developer to join our innovative team!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The customer’s collective set of solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago, and was named one of Forbes best mid-sized companies to work for in 2019 – an important accolade and retention tool for the 2,600+ full-time company employees (alongside 350 dedicated contractors).
The сompany’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago in the historic Merchandise Mart — a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a technology hub within the broader metro.
About the Project:
The apps are supported by multiple back-end components and require an understanding of overall web application architecture. It’s a blend of a traditional server-based application and individual microservices. Understanding of application security and performance is also crucial for supporting the back end.
This solution is powered by different AI-based APIs that process the client data provided via app. These APIs are running as microservices on a hyper-scale server, and an understanding of API gateway, Nginx, Load balancer, and Okta would be an added advantage.
- It is a core project that provides a great learning opportunity with Java frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Dropwizard, etc. with cloud technologies like S3, EC2, IAM, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, and SES
- You will get a unique experience on a blockchain project
- You’ll get to see development from scratch
Project Tech Stack:
Java 11, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Spring Cloud, OAuth2, Redis
- 3+ years of practical experience in using developing APIs and enterprise applications using Java/Java EE
- 3+ years of practical experience with Hibernate ORM/JDBC/MyBatis/JdbcTemplate/etc.
- 3+ years of practical experience in RDBMS and SQL-language (MySQL/Oracle/Sql Server/PostgreSQL)
- 3+ years of practical experience with Spring Framework or/and Spring Boot
- Experience with source code management systems: GitHub/Bitbucket/etc.
- Experience with build systems: Maven/Gradle
- Good knowledge in HTML, XML, XSD, JSON
- Experience with one or more tools in automated and/or unit-testing (JUnit/Cucumber/Selenium/etc.)
- Experience developing and deploying web applications on servers like Apache Tomcat/WebLogic/JBoss/etc.
- Sound knowledge of IDEs and tooling like IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse/SoapUI/Postman
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and OpenShift
- Knowledge in defining clean APIs and interfaces using web-service technologies (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Understanding of Microservice development (Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Good knowledge of JS technologies like AJAX, JQuery, etc.
- Experience with one or more tools in SAST and DAST technologies such as Fortify, Sonatype, WebInspect, or SonarQube
- Understanding of CI/CD DevOps process (Jenkins/Bamboo/etc.)
- Sound knowledge of AWS technologies
- Collaborate within an Agile team environment to define, design, develop, and ship new features
- Work with the architects to develop new features for the product
- Work with other product teams to integrate with their products and the environments in which they may be run
- Ensure code is well structured, maintainable, and of high quality
- Develop automated tests to ensure product quality
- Work with support to help resolve escalated issues and support sales and service engineers
- Be a team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process and easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.