Lead DevOps Engineer
Job ID: 199940
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re in search of a Lead DevOps Engineer (Azure) to lead a team of domain engineers for the delivery of infrastructure solutions, which include the private and/or public cloud, virtualization, database, systems management tools, automation, networking etc.
The customer’s engineering team’s primary focus is to develop detailed low-level designs and deliver technical components and solutions in accordance with a predefined set of business requirements and outcomes as specified by solution and domain architects.
You will ensure the domain engineers leverage a standard set of enterprise-wide artifacts such as design patterns and standards and follow guiding design principles. You will also ensure the developed solutions or technical components deliver Customer’s strategic intent, and you will do all of this while meeting the solution requirements and providing business value. Your goal will be the development of automation to ensure consistent delivery of solutions and ongoing operations.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the customer’s company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Project:
The project involves constructing business-facing apps in the public cloud.
Your team’s assignments will include all relevant code and detailed Low Level Design. Engineers will work closely with Architecture and Operations to ensure all solutions are seamlessly transitioned from build to run.
You’ll need to leverage a standard set of enterprise-wide artifacts such as Design Patterns and Standards and follow guiding design principles to deliver Customer’s strategic intent, all while providing business value.
Project Team: 2 DevOps, 1 Scrum Master, 1 Senior Developer, 7 Senior DevOps, and 1 Senior Project Manager
Project Phase: Development
Project Duration: Ongoing
- Develop best practices for code
- Develop and apply DevOps practices for engineers’ team
- Develop cloud-based services in AWS or Azure
- Develop common approaches for service development
- Work with a team, support it with nascent questions and issues
- Work in close cooperation with Solution Architects to define the requirements (grooming)
- Review pull requests
- Present results on demo
- Provide technical leadership on the project
- Communication with stakeholders, holding presentations, etc.
- Be strategic and tactical
- More than 5 years of IT experience
- Experience with DevOps and automation
- Experience in an engineering role supporting both Azure and AWS
- Experience with migrating datacenters workloads towards Azure and/or AWS
- Experience in software engineering
- Experience in a specific design domain
- Recent experience within the design and implementation of complex, highly available, and highly scalable solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with:
– cloud computing
– server/datacenter virtualization
– information security
– enterprise-wide architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc
– development of foundational reusable technology components
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps/Visual Studio Online
- Proficient in two or more of the following:
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.