Middle Scala Developer
Job ID: 199939
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
Our company is looking for a Middle Scala Developer to join our team.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer offers innovative marketing decision support systems for brands, media/creative agencies and media owners across the globe in the following fields of expertise:
- Business Analytics for the Marketing Industry
- Communication Planning
- Expertise & Innovation
- Analytics & Research
The customer’s tools help support the decisions of large advertisers, media owners and media agencies on the tactical and strategic levels.
About the Project:
This is a reporting/analytics tool backed by a Spark cluster. You will mainly be focused on middle-tier components (no front end).
- Performance improvements (Spark configuration changes plus suggestions for improvements involving Java/Spark or Parquet)
- Spark and HDFS upgrade
3-6 months, potentially longer
- 3+ years of experience in Scala, Apache Spark
- Hands-on experience with Java
- Knowledge of AWS /EMR is very desirable
- Big Data Experience
- Good knowledge of Apache Hive, SQL, PySpark
- A commitment to developing solid, tested, high-performing, and valuable software
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills; you must be able to quickly assess problems and determine steps for resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be responsible for developing, enhancing, re-engineering & maintaining applications with Scala
- Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the application developed and deployed
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Attend meetings
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You’ll build your expertise with Sales Support, which provides assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- There are opportunities for continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You’ll have the chance to improve your English skills with the help of native speakers
- We participate in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events, and we’d love to have you there, too!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.