Senior AI / ML Engineer
Job ID: 199496
Belarus: Brest, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk, Vitebsk
Poland: Bialystok, Szczecin, Warsaw
Russia: Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg
Ukraine: Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa, Vinnytsia
We’re currently looking for a talented Senior AI/ML Engineer to join our team of professionals!
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The customer is developing one of the most popular taxi apps in the US. They want to create a better way to get around cities by mobile-enabling the infrastructure of existing taxi services. In order to do this, the client would need to significantly simplify taxi rides and provide quick, easy, and secure payments.
About the Project:
The goal of the project is to increase business value by optimizing various parts of taxi operations, such as the driver search process, driver ETA prediction, and supply/demand balance.
- A sharp-minded person who can dive into the business domain and emerge with ideas on how to use data to make the business more effective
- A creative person who can convert the data into a story with plots and insights
- A good communicator who can speak to a client face-to-face, understand business needs, and explain the solution in an easily-digestible way
- Diverse and extensive experience in the Data Science/Machine Learning area (5+ years)
- Proven experience starting new Machine Learning projects from scratch: from problem analysis and data collection to PoC and deployment to production
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms, their limitations, and use-cases, e.g.: when logistic regression is enough, when gradient boosting is needed, and when it is time for deep learning
- Confidence in Python, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, SQL, etc.
- Ability to write a simple, yet production-grade server for an ML model
Nice to have:
- Experience with supply and demand problems, as well as geospatial data
- Experience with various types of data: text, time series, and images
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with ML/DL frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Familiarity with micro-service architecture, task queues (e.g. Celery), cloud (e.g. AWS or Azure), Docker, OS and networking basics, and database systems (e.g. Postgres)
- Basic familiarity with MLOps
- MS or BS in computer science or related field
- Kaggle or GitHub account with projects that demonstrate skill level
- Understand business objectives and models that help achieve them
- Propose and realize new ideas to benefit our customers and the company
- Fully cover (develop, maintain, and monitor) the entire lifecycle of created models
- Propose new research, improvements, and best practices
- Share knowledge, ideas, and new approaches with team members
- Stay up-to-date with the latest findings in applied data science
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement at Exadel
- You can build your expertise with Exadel Expert Groups, which provide support for existing and potential projects
- You can join any community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sport, charity, and entertainment events
Why should you work with us?
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.